Coffee.
Of course, on National Coffee Day, I had to dedicate my blog to coffee.
First, I want to thank Dunkin' Donuts for their wonderful plan to give everyone a free medium coffee on this special day.
(I still love you Starbucks)
Second, I want everyone to know the top 3 reasons I have found as to why you should drink coffee. It's not just the taste!
1. The smell of coffee makes you feel less stressed.
According to a study done by researchers at the Seoul National University, the smell of coffee helps you feel less stressed. Even though it is only tied to the stress caused by sleep deprivation, let's face it, as a college student, not getting enough sleep is the root to a lot of our stress.
2. Reduces chances of skin cancer.
I have found that many different studies have shown that drinking a cup (or two) of coffee a day can actually reduce the risk of developing skin cancer. So, if you are a habitual user of the tanning bed, at least drink some coffee. (I know it's not THAT simple, but it sounded good.)
3. Coffee fights depression.
Coffee can actually help fight depression and make you happier. Coffee does this by releasing certain neurotransmitters in the brain like serotonin and dopamine, which are important for mood and behaviors. They are commonly referred to as the "feel good" neurotransmitters.
So, in conclusion, I think it is very important for us to recognize this holiday. There are actually a lot of good things coffee can do for us, when drank in moderation of course. If you want to read the articles I found on benefits of coffee, you can find them here:
- http://www.businessinsider.com/top-10-reasons-to-drink-coffee-2012-7?op=1
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/17/coffee-health-benefits_n_4102133.html
- http://authoritynutrition.com/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee/
I hope you all have a wonderful National Coffee Day!!
Yours Truly,
Bri :)


Comments
Post a Comment