Survival Guide 101

As I am sitting here pondering what to write about, all I can think about is all of the studying I need to get done. And then I freak out because I am not doing it and instead I am thinking about what to write about. And then it hit me... I bet there are quite a few college students (in particular all of my nursing friends out there) that may be able to benefit from a few college survival tips. 

1. Coffee is your best friend. 

Sure you could just go to bed a little earlier and get a little more sleep, but who has time for that when you have a bunch of studying to do? (Not this girl, clearly.)  Coffee has saved my life in nursing school. When setting my alarm for the next day, I set it so I have enough time to either make my coffee, or go buy some. Make time for coffee. 

2. Accept Failure.

No one is perfect and neither is every single exam, test, or quiz score you will ever get in college. Learn to embrace when you do poorly and fix it for next time. I know it sounds cliché, however, failure is an important part to success. What's done is done, so don't dwell and move on. 

3. Go to class.

Nine times out of ten your professors will not care if you show up to class or not. They will say things like, "Your grade, not mine." But, I am here to tell you, it is always worth getting out of your warm cocoon of a bed to go to class, and here's why. Sometimes, professors will literally tell you what will be on the exam, making it easy for you to study what you need and not what you don't. Also, if a professor sees you trying and they recognize your face, maybe, just maybe that B+ will turn into an A-. But you have to go to class. (With coffee.) 

4. Finally, HAVE FUN!

College is full of stress, and more stress. Some stress is good. (Like the kind that motivates you to wrap up your blog and get to studying). And other stress can be detrimental to your health. It is important to find ways of relaxing and having a little fun sometimes. Otherwise, the doctors say you will lose all of your hair way before you should and taking an Excedrin every day will be a habit. 


I could go on all night, but I won't. I hope these tips are helpful for all you college goers, coffee drinkers, and up all nighters. Until next time. 

Yours Truly, 
Bri :) 

Comments

Popular Posts