Immune System Thankfulness
It's no secret that if you're looking to get sick, a college campus is a great place to be. Not that anyone would actually want to be sick, but you get my point. A lot of people and a lot of germs all crammed into tiny, warm rooms is a recipe for sickness. Germs and bacteria happen to lovvvve warm, moist environments so they thrive at college campuses. I am proof of this as I have, yet again, come down with a bad cold. Let me just stress again how big of a baby I am when I get sick. I loathe it more than anything. The first few days I will sit in denial, giving my immune system a pep talk (I know it's lame, but what do you expect coming from a nursing student). It's downhill from there. That is why I wanted to take the time to express how thankful I am for the many, many things that have helped me feel better. Including, but not limited to, my heated blanket, hot tea, Vick's tissues, decongestant medicine, sleep aide medicine, hot soup, orange juice (which I happen to actually hate), and vitamins. This is the part where instead of giving my immune system a pep talk, I'm giving it a little boost. A "kick it in gear" if you will. And just in case you don't think I'm silly enough, here's a little funny of how I picture my immune system....
Happy Monday everyone!
Stay healthy!
P.S.. I am thankful for my immune system too, for fighting all those bad bacteria and giving up their lives for me.
Yours Truly,
Bri :)
Comments
Post a Comment