The Power of a Smile
There is an older guy that is responsible for cleaning the bathroom's in everyone's rooms on my floor. He is the sweetest guy and always asks me how I am doing. He noticed a few weeks ago I wasn't feeling well, and this week when he saw me he told me he was glad I was feeling better. Every time I see him in the hallway, he always looks so happy to be alive. I have never seen this sweet old man without a smile on his face. Seeing him smile makes my day every time. A lot of times I find myself caught up in being stressed out and can come off as rude to people, simply because I don't think to smile. The best people to be around are those who can walk in a room and light it up with just their smile.
So, with that, here are some reasons why everyone should smile more.
1. Smiles are actually contagious! Studies show that even if someone is upset or angry, just smiling at them will cause them to unconsciously mimic your smile back! You can literally make other people happy with just a smile.
2. Smiling can lower stress and anxiety. Studies have shown that when in a stressful situation, those who were smiling tended to have some health benefits, like a lower heart rate than those who did not.
3. Endorphins are released when you smile. These endorphins are the same that are released when working out or running, they actually make you happier.
4. Smiling also makes you more approachable. People are more likely to want to be around you if you are known to be a happy, smiley person! So smile on!
5. Smiling often can do well for you in life as well. Like in stressful situations such as an interview, your relaxed smile can make you seem more confident and shows you have the ability to cope well in these stressful situations.
And if you need a reason to smile because you're having a bad day... Look at this golden retriever.
He's got the smiling thing down.
Never under estimate the power of a smile!!
Have a great evening everyone.
Yours Truly,
Bri :)
Comments
Post a Comment