Wisdom Teeth Scare

Lately I have had a terrible pain in my lower jaw on both sides and it has been giving me the worst headaches. Even keeping me up at night, too. Today it dawned on me, that I was about the age to have my wisdom teeth taken out. This thought frightens me. I don't want to go in for surgery. I've never had surgery before, I don't want to start now! Over the summer, the dentist took x-rays of my wisdom teeth and said they definitely will have to come out, but how so soon??? I spent all day prepping myself for the news the dentist would undoubtedly tell me. I spent hours giving myself a pep talk, trying to tell myself it was for the best. Finally, I got up the nerve and told..... Austin's mom. To which she said, "ACK. They need to come out!" Noooooo. It's not true! So she called the dentist to check my x-rays again, and he said my wisdom teeth were too underdeveloped to be extracted just yet. YAY! So where is the pain coming from you ask? Good question. The dentist then asked, "Are you under a lot of stress that would cause you to clench your jaw a lot?" OF COURSE I am! So, long story short, my mouth, jaw, and head hurt because I am stressed out... Any guesses as to why?



You got it.
Thanks Nursing School...

Even though my mouth hurts now and school is hard, one day it will all pay off when I can finally call myself a nurse. 
But for now, I'm keeping my wisdom teeth, and all the wisdom that comes with them.

Yours Truly, 
Bri :) 


Comments

Popular Posts